An Activity Calendar is distributed to each resident for the current month's activities. Samples of those activities are listed below:
- Each month a facility-wide Birthday Party is held with musical entertainment, cake and all the trimmings.
- Residents have a choice of Bible Studies throughout the week as well as Rosary and religious services.
- Monthly Resident Council meetings are held for each Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing. In addition, a quarterly Family Council Meeting is held for Assisted Living.
- Opportunities for exercise are available on a daily basis with exercise classes and an exercise area with equipment. In addition, the many halls are a great way to not only walk but visit friends and neighbors along the way. Heartland Road and Frederick Avenue are near Living Community and offer nice sidewalks for exercise.
- The Pins and Needles Group meets each Tuesday. The resident sewing and craft group create items or projects with the purpose of donating to organizations or people in need. To date, organizations who benefit include: The Northwest Missouri Children's Advocacy Center, Hands of Hope Hospice, JUMP Program, Noyes Home for Children, and the Living Community of St. Joseph Foundation. The group also holds raffles, craft and quilt shows and sales throughout the year.
- Residents enjoy weekly outings to local grocery stores, Wal-Mart and restaurants.
- Other activities include Wellness Checks, Musical Programs, Bingo, Happy Hour, Fashion Shows, Gardening, Cards, Wii, Games, Picnics and other outings.
Living Community of St. Joseph presents Speaking of Health, a Senior Health Speaker Series, each month to provide seniors in the community with current information and education. Professionals and experts in their field present interesting topics of benefit to seniors.
Living Community sponsors the Men's Club each month for men in the community as well as Living Community residents. A breakfast is held with speakers from the community as well as outings such as fishing trips, factory tours, ballgames, museum tours, etc.
Please contact us by calling (816) 671-8500 to be placed on the mailing list for the above listed programs or other special events.